Is there a better way to finish off a meal of succulent slow smoked protein than with a simple desert cooked on the same grill?
Fresh and fruity or indulgently sweet and sticky, there is something here to tempt everyone’s taste buds and even better they can all be prepped earlier in the day ready to throw on the grill when it’s time to bring on the finale.
Click to jump straight to each topic
- 1. Grilled Pineapple Sundaes (a tropical temptation)
- 2. Berry, Chocolate and Cake Skillet (deep dish deliciousness)
- 3. Grilled Cantaloupe with Peach Agrodolce (an elegant ending)
- 4. Banana Tartin (banoffee on the grill!)
- 5. Grilled pineapple with rum, ginger and lemongrass syrup (a little bit boozy, or not)
- 6. Grilled Summer fruit skewers (keeping it simple)
- 7. Campfire Cones (you don’t need a campfire to make these!)
- 8. Barbecued Apple Crisp (Comfort food on the grill)
- 9. Summer Berry Sweet Pizza (a delicious slice of heaven)
1. Grilled Pineapple Sundaes (a tropical temptation)
It’s a taste of the tropics with this simple but impressive sundae. What could be more delicious than beautifully caramelised pineapple, topped with sweet dulce de leche, a scoop of ice cream and a sprinkling of coconut. A simple but impressive way to end an evening. View the full recipe.
2. Berry, Chocolate and Cake Skillet (deep dish deliciousness)
Warm and gooey, a perfectly indulgent desert to enjoy with friends. Hand the spoons around and devour straight from the skillet.
You could even amp up the decadence by using a chocolate brownie with nuts instead, drizzle with caramel and serve it with a couple of big dollops of cream or scoops of vanilla bean ice-cream. View full recipe here.
3. Grilled Cantaloupe with Peach Agrodolce (an elegant ending)
Add a little fancy to your grill with this refreshing cantaloupe dessert. You can make the peach agrodolce earlier in the day and also prep the cantaloupe.
When you’re ready, char the cantaloupe on the grill and serve it up on a big platter with the agrodolce drizzled over and some basil leaves for garnish, a little Greek yogurt on the side and you have yourself a stylish desert. View the full recipe.
4. Banana Tartin (banoffee on the grill!)
Surprise your family and friends with this super easy, but super impressive banana tartin. What better combination could there be but bananas and caramel.
With only five ingredients and not a lot of baking experience needed you can whip up this divine desert in no time. Once cooked, invert it onto a plate for show stopping presentation. View full recipe here.
5. Grilled pineapple with rum, ginger and lemongrass syrup (a little bit boozy, or not)
Why not end an epic meal with something a little bit exotic? This grilled pineapple has been marinated in the flavours of Asia with a little bit of the Caribbean, then when its hot off the grill sprinkled with spiced sugar which melts creating a salty sweet punch.
You can leave out the rum and adjust the chilli accordingly for a more child friendly version. View the full recipe.
6. Grilled Summer fruit skewers (keeping it simple)
Juicy grilled summer fruit infused with a hint of rosemary. This is such a versatile dessert, your fruit of choice skewered on a rosemary stalk, basted with your favourite type of honey and maybe Grand Marnier or Cointreau liqueur.
To make it family friendly, leave out the liqueur so the kids can enjoy as well. A spoonful of mascarpone would perfect it. View the full recipe.
7. Campfire Cones (you don’t need a campfire to make these!)
Kids (the big ones and little ones) are going to love these fun cones! Stuffed with all sorts of sweet delights, these cones are then wrapped in foil and put on the grill, so you end up with a cone of melted gooey goodness.
If your entertaining, put together a platter and let everyone design their own. Be creative with your fillings, add caramel or strawberry sauce, pineapple or raspberries, Rolos or Reese’s peanut butter cups the combinations are endless. View full recipe and instructions.
8. Barbecued Apple Crisp (Comfort food on the grill)
What could tantalise your taste buds more than the beautiful smell of cinnamon and nutmeg wafting in the air. Prepped earlier and wrapped in foil, this dessert is ready when you are to go on the grill and be left alone for 20 minutes.
Change it up with addition of blueberries or blackberries, or maybe a combo of pear and raspberry. Serve it with a drizzle of caramel, custard or a scoop of ice-cream and you’ll have everyone licking their plate clean. View the full recipe.
9. Summer Berry Sweet Pizza (a delicious slice of heaven)
Why not a sweet pizza desert? You could make your own pizza base or keep it simple and buy a ready made one.
The combinations are endless, but maybe start with a smearing of Nutella, throw on some mixed berries and grate a little white chocolate over the top. The addition of chopped nuts, marshmallows or even some smashed oreo cookies would take it to the next level. View the full recipe.
If you are wondering what other types of pizza are there, check out our post dedicated to different pizza styles.
Wrapping it up
Who knew you could create so many delicious looking sweet things on your smoker and grill!
Hopefully we have given you plenty of inspiration to try a dessert next time you fire up those coals.