Become a Product Tester for Smoked BBQ Source
NOTE WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICANTS – Thanks to the huge response we are currently reviewing applicants and will be in touch soon. Thanks.
How does getting barbecue gear for free + getting paid to test it sound?
If you like the sound of that, then we’ve got a great opportunity for you.
We’re on the lookout for a couple of product testers to help us try out different barbecue products and report back with their findings.
We’ll share your research on the website where it will help others make smart purchases.
What you’ll be testing:
There’s a huge variety of products we need tested, but some of the main products you would be testing include:
- Grill thermometers
- Grill gloves
- Automatic temperature controllers
- Common accessories e.g. tongs, grill brush, chimney starter
- Smokers (for experienced testers only)
How it works:
- We’ll email you when there’s a product we need tested to make sure you’re available.
- If you’re available and you’re interested in testing the product, reply to our email ASAP.
- We’ll buy the product and send it to your address (US only)
- You test the product out and see how it works in the real world. For example if it’s a meat thermometer you would try it out and see how well it works.
- You share your findings with us, and we publish the results.
- You get to keep the product! (or sell it if you want) + we’ll also pay you a small fee for your troubles.
- Take photos – You’ll need to be able to take non-blurry photos of the products. You don’t need to be a pro photographer or anything, a modern smartphone camera is fine.
- Write your thoughts about the product – Again you don’t need to be the greatest writer. You just need to be able to share your honest experience using the product, we’ll provide you with all the instructions for how to test the product.
- Have a modest smoker setup already – For lots of the products you’ll be testing, you will need to already have some gear. E.g a smoker.
- Some experience – You don’t need to be a pro pit master, but ideally you have some experience. For example you should be familiar using a wireless meat thermometer
- Actually test the product – We need you to actually use the product so if it’s a knife you’ll need to grill or smoke something and then slice it, if it’s a thermometer you’ll need to test it.
How to apply
Fill out the short form below to become a product tester.