BBQ Recipes Editor
At Smoked BBQ Source (View all jobs)
Smoked BBQ Source is a fast growing barbecue digital media company with over 1,000,000 visits per month. Our goal is to be the #1 resource for pit masters of all levels who want to master the art of grilling and smoking meat.
Recipes are a crucial part of our strategy. Recipes help our readers achieve success, find inspiration and learn new skills and techniques.
Our readers trust us to create recipes that help them succeed and have fun while doing it. They need to be accurate, and easy for the average backyard pitmaster to follow.
As the Recipe Editor, you will be responsible for scaling and shaping our recipe content and helping to shape and implement a recipe strategy for the brand on site and social media.
You should have experience developing and editing a wide range of recipes, as well as a broad knowledge of food with experience in food media or the culinary industry.
You will be overseeing the content production process working with a team of barbecue content creators.
You’ll need excellent writing skills and a broad understanding of barbecue and grilling.
This is a new role in a fast growing company so you will have a lot of scope to be creative and shape the role.
- Own food and recipe content from pitching to publishing for promotion and use across content channels
- Communicate with and edit freelance recipe creator contributors
- Help identify, assess, onboard and nurture talented writers and topical experts
- Help shape and implement recipe strategy and publication schedule for the site, paying close attention to content performance and pivoting as needed
- Maintain and ensure adherence with Smoked BBQ Source’s style guide and recipe standards
- Experiment with new recipe types and formats to continually better serve our community
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of editorial experience for a print or digital outlet
- Strong knowledge of food and barbecue technique and culture
- Professional cooking experience or culinary training is a plus
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and communication skills with a solid understanding of SEO best practices
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and a strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of SEO best practices for optimizing online recipe content
This is a part time contract position for 20 hours per week. We are highly flexible with hours so you can choose when you work.
There is an opportunity to increase to a full time role for the right person.
To complete your application submit the form below.