Video Creator, Product Review Specialist
At Smoked BBQ Source (View all jobs)
Smoked BBQ Source is a small but fast growing barbecue media company with the goal of being the top destination for pitmasters of all levels who want to master the art of grilling and smoking meat.
Our product reviews help our large audience decide what grill, smoker, or accessory to buy, what not to buy, and how to get the most out of their purchase.
We already have hundreds of written reviews, and are looking for an experienced YouTube content creator to help us expand our review coverage with comprehensive review videos to be published on our website and YouTube.
As a Product Review Video Creator, you will work directly with our editorial team on the end-to-end process from deciding which products to cover, to carrying out thorough product testing, filming, editing, and producing engaging product reviews.
Our ideal candidate has experience creating content for YouTube, and a broad base of knowledge about barbecue and the different types of products involved.
You should have a strong grasp of the barbecue retail environment, like keeping up with the latest and greatest products, and the ability to dive in and do the research before you start recording.
The role will cover a wide range of products including smokers of all kinds, grills, pizza ovens, thermometers, knives, and accessories.
We will send the products for you to review. It’s up to you if you want to keep them, sell them or give them away.
This is a remote position so you will need to have the ability to receive multiple items per month, conduct testing, and filming.
- Create highly engaging video reviews of popular barbecue products
- Create videos across a range of different formats including unboxing and first cook, detailed reviews, product comparison videos, and guides on using various products
- Initially, you will be responsible for the filming and editing but there is an opportunity for us to manage the editing in-house to free up your time for content creation
- Work with our editorial team on monitoring the performance of videos and refining the format and style of video
- Support with our production of written product reviews
What we’re looking for:
- Experience creating product review type videos for YouTube
- Experience with a range of different types and models of barbecues and grills
- Video content creation skills
- A skeptical mind with a scientific approach to testing products. Attention to detail is a must
- Must be based in the continental USA
- Not a bbq snob! We test all types of smokers so if you have a personal vendetta against pellet grills you need not apply
This is a freelance remote position. Estimated 1-2 videos per week, with the opportunity to increase to full time for the right person. We are highly flexible with hours and when you work. To complete your application submit the form below.