BBQ Content Creator
At Smoked BBQ Source (View all jobs)
Smoked BBQ Source is a small but fast growing barbecue media company dedicated to helping pitmasters of all levels master the art of grilling and smoking.
We help millions of barbecue and grilling enthusiasts around the world with our detailed guides, delicious, simple to follow recipes and trustworthy reviews.
Our readers come to us for unbiased gear reviews to help them decide what smoker, grill or thermometer to buy, plus recipes and tips and guides that are accurate, and easy for the average backyard pitmaster to follow.
As a BBQ Content Creator, you will work directly with our editorial team on the end to end content creation process. From researching new content ideas, to recipe creation, product testing, photography and writing.
We are looking for someone that is equally comfortable coming up with recipes as they are reviewing the latest smoker or creating a guide to cold smoking.
Our ideal candidate has experience in recipe creation or experience in a professional kitchen or competition barbecue team. You’ll also need excellent writing skills and a broad understanding of barbecue and grilling and the ability to teach others.
There is a lot of scope for you to be creative and shape the role. While our focus is on barbecue we cover a wide range of cooking topics including pizza making, sous vide, charcuterie and more.
While the focus will be written content, there is scope to expand into video creation for the right person.
This is a remote position so you will need to have a good setup for testing, cooking, taking photos and writing.
In most cases, you will be responsible for purchasing your own equipment and supplies although we can provide an allowance for fuel and supplies. From time to time we will purchase products or ingredients for you to cook with for the purpose of reviewing, and in some cases where we have relationships with companies, they will send you free review products.
- Develop and produce new recipes and reviews
- Work with the editorial team to brainstorm future recipe and review ideas
- Improve, reshoot, and update old recipes
- Answer comments and reader questions
What we’re looking for:
- Our recipes go beyond just ingredients and steps. You’ll need to craft a compelling narrative, hook the reader and provide plenty of tips and advice.
- Writing experience. Prior recipe development experience a plus
- Photography and food staging skills
- Experience growing your own barbecue website, instagram or business a plus
- Experience working with food and teaching others a plus
- Experience with video (technical and or being in front of camera) a plus
- Must be based in the continental USA
- A love for barbecue
- Not a bbq snob! You should be happy to make recipes for all different skill levels and types of equipment.
This is a remote position and we are highly flexible with hours and when you work. You’ll be part of a team of barbecue content creators who love to share their experience. Rates vary based on your experience.
The ideal candidate can contribute a minimum of one new piece of content per week. There is an opportunity to increase to a full time role for the right person. To complete your application submit the form below.