Feeling flush? If you have the money to spend, there are some incredible grills out there just begging you to purchase them!
High-end grills don’t come cheap. In fact, if they have a price tag under $2,000, they don’t make the grade. Sure, these grills are expensive, but there’ll always be a market for luxury and you can bet that they have amazing features to show for it.
Click to jump straight to each topic
Best High-End Grill Reviews
After extensive research, we have picked six of the best high-end grills a large wad of money can buy. Read on to find your perfect match.
1. Best Overall – Fire Magic Echelon Diamond E790s 36-Inch Propane Gas Grill
Our favorite high-end grill is the Echelon Diamond E790s, by leading manufacturers Fire Magic.
This fairly compact model packs in an impressive amount of counter space, with a large total grilling area of 1,080 square inches.
The main burners boast an incredible 96,000 BTU, making it a powerful beast that’s sure to leave an impression.
Made from high-grade 304 stainless steel, this robust grill also features a ceramic infrared back burner and a single side burner, making it perfect when cooking for a crowd. It also features a rotisserie system and an integrated smoker, so you can create a real feast, all on one machine.
Complete with numerous features to make grilling extra easy, such as hot surface ignition, a four-zone illuminated digital thermometer and angled internal halogen lights, the Echelon Diamond is a true pleasure to use.
Made in the USA, everything about this high-end grill, from its design to its construction, is of the highest quality, providing superior functionality with high performance and exceptional durability.
What we like:
- Space-saving design – 1,080 square inch grilling area, yet the entire unit remains compact and unobtrusive.
- Highly powered – Total of 96,000 BTUs makes this a highly powered grill. Use it for searing meats or cook for a crowd with all three burners.
- Multiple cooking options – With it’s integrated rotisserie system, smoker and side burner, you’ll never run out of choice with this multi-purpose grill.
- High-quality construction – Made in the USA from 304 high-grade stainless steel, this grill is durable, functional and stylish.
2. Runner Up – Napoleon Prestige PRO 825 Propane Gas Grill
Our runner up luxury grill, the Napoleon Prestige PRO 825 has plenty of useful and innovative features.
With an impressive total of 123,000 BTUs, it has all the power you need for high capacity grilling, complete with two generous grill areas of 18 x 28.25 inches and 18 x 18.25 inches – that’s enough space for 51 burgers!
Use the power side burner for cooking with your pots and pans, slow spit roast with the rotisserie feature and rear infrared burners, or add some smoky flavoring with the integrated smoker tube and its dedicated burner.
Whatever you want to cook up, the Napoleon Prestige has got you covered.
Complete with its iconic Wave cooking grids that prevent small foods from falling through, the infrared Sizzle Zone bottom burners are great for the perfect sear, locking in moisture for juicy results. The instant Jetfire Ignition makes getting your grill lit fast and easy, whatever the weather.
Featuring interior grill lights for late-night cooking, color-customizable back-lit knobs with SafetyGlow, as well as a proximity lighting logo display, the Prestige Pro 825 is certainly one of the most eye-catching models in our selection.
It also provides outstanding performance and supports a wide variety of cooking methods making it an excellent all-rounder for any grill-junkie
What we like:
- 123,000 total BTUs for high-power cooking– Use the Sizzle Zone for the perfect sear and to lock the moisture into your steaks.
- Color-customizable lit knobs with SafetyGlow -Choose the shade that you prefer and if you leave the gas on, you’ll be alerted straight away by the red warning SafetyGlow feature.
- Power side burner – Use it for your cooking with pans to create sauces or rustle up side dishes to go with your grilled meats and vegetables.
- Integrated smoker– Fill up the integrated smoker tray and fire up the dedicated burner to infuse your food with a delicious smoky flavor.
What we don’t like:
- Takes up space -At 94.25 inches wide, which is great for grilling, you will need to make sure you have plenty of space available to accommodate this model.
The Lynx Sedona 36-Inch Gas Grill, is just too good not to get a mention in our high-end grill review.
With its three stainless steel burners, it provides variable power levels up to a total of 69,000 BTUs. Combined with its large grilling space of up to 891 square inches, this model has all the power and capacity that you need, even for the largest get-togethers.
The Sedona 36 is also a dream to cook with, providing consistent, even heat thanks to its ceramic briquettes; so you won’t have to worry about hotspots or flare-ups.
With its heavy-duty welded construction, this robust grill features seamless welds. This means there are no gaps where grease could pool for simple maintenance and great looks.
This grill is also easy to use thanks to its direct spark ignition, that comes complete with battery backup for all-weather reliability. It also features a halogen grill surface light, so you can see how your grilling’s going late into the night, while the blue-lit control knobs make it effortless to adjust your grill as needed for perfect results.
Thanks to its high performance and generous capacity; the Lynx Sedona 36-Inch Grill is a fantastic model that will appeal to anyone looking for an easy to use, high-quality propane grill that’s designed to last.
What we like:
- Large capacity grilling area – With up to 891 square inches of cooking area, this grill has all the space you’ll need and plenty more.
- Ceramic briquettes – These provide radiant, even heat while reducing hot spots and flare-ups for high-quality, consistent grilling results every time.
- Direct spark ignition -Not only is this grill quick and easy to light, it also has a battery backup for added reliability.
- Heavy-duty welded construction – Designed to last with easy maintenance, this grill features a seamless welded construction, so there are no gaps for grease to gather within.
What we don’t like:
- No smoker or rotisserie features– By no means essential; however, depending upon your personal preferences, these could be deal-breakers for you.
4. Best Natural Gas – Alfresco ALXE 42-Inch Natural Gas Grill With Rotisserie
If you are looking for the very best natural gas grill, then you certainly won’t be disappointed by the Alfresco ALXE 42-inch luxury model.
Combining power, performance and design perfection, this model features an impressive 770 square inch grilling area over three main burners with a total 82,500 BTU output. Whether it’s a close family gathering or an entire neighborhood, this unit can take on all of your grilling needs.
Complete with a whisper-quiet rotisserie system that has its own infrared burner, as well as its integrated Signature Taste smoker system; the Alfresco ALXE has all you need for succulent meats and flavorsome cuts.
For added convenience, the push-button ignition makes it fast to light, while the dual integrated high-intensity halogen lights allow you to make the most of your free time and grill late into the night.
Additional attention to detail such as hood assisted lifting, an adjustable three-position warming rack, and LED knob lighting make this model one of the finest natural gas grills around.
Made from durable 304 stainless steel, the Alfresco ALXE is a highly desirable, well-designed premium grill that’s one of the highest performing models available.
What we like:
- Large 770 square inch grilling area– Perfect for large families, gatherings and entertaining.
- Mega-Drive rotisserie system -. Complete with its own rear ceramic infrared burner, it’s also whisper-quiet so it won’t steal the show for the wrong reasons.
- Three main SR stainless steel burners – An excellent choice for high-powered grilling with a combined output of 82,500 BTUs.
- Integrated smoking system – Easy to use and highly effective, the system features its own dedicated burner and wood drawer.
What we don’t like:
- Infrared Sear Zone is an add-on extra – We would have liked this to come as standard, rather than an extra option. It reaches 1,500 ℉ in four minutes and cooks 50% faster while virtually eliminating flare-ups – ideal for locking in the juices of any cut.
5. Best High-End Pellet Grill – Memphis Grills Elite Wi-Fi Controlled 39-Inch 304 Stainless Steel Pellet Grill
The Elite Pro 304 by Memphis Grills is the very best high-end pellet grill for many reasons.
One of the main advantages of this exceptional grill is that you can use it much like a regular kitchen oven, as well as a smoker or wood fire grill. Thanks to its four-inch convection fans, you can use your Memphis grill for all your favorite grill recipes as well as roasts, pastries and pizzas, making it suitable for everyday use.
With a temperature range of 180-650℉ and a standard cooking area of 574 square inches, there’s enough heat and space to cook whatever you like.
Looking to sear over a high flame rather than slow roast? With the Direct Flame Insert, you can take your wood grilling to the next sizzling level.
Highly durable, this grill is made from corrosion-resistant 304-grade stainless steel. It’s also double-walled for exceptional heat control and retention, making this top pellet grill inexpensive to run.
This premium grill is also convenient and easy to use, thanks to its WiFi connectivity. Use the Memphis Mobile App to control your grill and adjust your temperatures from a distance while sitting with friends.
Even better, the built-in automated recipes can tell just how long and at what temperature your favorite cuts will need, so you can make the most of socializing rather than slaving over your grill.
What we like:
- Multifunctional grill – Use it as a grill, an oven or a smoker. You could quite easily cook on this every night and never be stuck for options.
- 304-grade durable stainless steel construction – The double walls also make it inexpensive to run.
- Control and monitoring via the app – Ideal for enjoying the party and your guests’ company without neglecting your grilling.
What we don’t like:
- No built-in lights – While not essential, it’s a nice touch that’s missing for cooking late in the evening.
6. Best designed luxury grill – Kalamazoo Gaucho
Handcrafted in Kalamazoo, Michigan, the Kalamazoo Grill is an Argentinian-style grill and rotisserie that is also akin to a working piece of art.
It’s certainly priced like like one.
Starting at an eye-watering $23,315 and going up to $30,715 for the free-standing model with side burner, these grills are not designed for your average schmo.
It features a 726-inch square grilling surface with a total of 45,000 BTUs for its two gas burners that quickly and conveniently light your wood or charcoal combined with the cast-bronze starter.
The smooth, ratchetless 30-inch flywheel allows you to position the rack just where you want it for perfect results, while the motorized built-in rotisserie has enough capacity for a whole animal.
Whatever you are grilling, the Kalamazoo will perform with ease and style, making it truly worthy of the title of best designed luxury grill.
Made from 304-grade stainless steel, this model is highly durable and certainly built to last. If you live in a coastal area, you can even get yours built from special marine grade steel to prevent any salt-related degradation.
In short, this is a special grill, designed and constructed from the very best materials to provide a unique grilling experience.
What we like:
- Made from durable 304 stainless steel – This grill is made to last.
- Grate raises and lowers with the 30-inch flywheel – Practical and good looking, this system enables you to get your rack at the optimum height.
- Motorized built-in rotisserie – Easy to use and height-adjustable, it comes complete with a 33-inch spit large enough for a whole animal.
- Gas starter system – for rapid ignition. You can have your wood burning and be ready to go in just five minutes.
What we don’t like:
- Limited locations to view before purchasing – If your heart is set on this exquisite grill, you’ll have to travel to their flagship Chicago showroom to check it out in real life.
7. The most ludicrous grill ever made – Gold-plated BeefEater Grill
Okay, so this grill isn’t actually for sale.
Australian company BeefEater made this one-of-a-kind grill by covering one of their Series 6 LS4000s burners in 24-carat gold for the 2007 Sydney Home Show. While you can’t buy one, it does show that the sky really is the limit when it comes down to creating high-end grills.
This entire grill is completely covered with gold, from the nuts and bolts down to the grill rack, making this model the most expensive grill in the entire world.
Of course, its actual value varies depending on the price of gold on any given day, but back when it was created, it would have been worth around the equivalent of 50 non-gold coated BeefEater deluxe grills.
While gold does have a lower melting point than stainless steel, it is still suitable for grills, having a melting point of around 2,000℉. This is much lower than you’ll need to grill your average steak, should you ever be in the market to commission yourself something similar.
So, it just goes to show that even if some high-end grills are a little pricey, they certainly aren’t crazy money like this extravagant piece.
What we like:
- Someone was crazy enough to cover a grill in gold. Actual gold!
What we don’t like:
- That we can’t afford it.
Are high-end “luxury” grills worth it?
The prices of some high-end grills may leave you wondering whether they’re really worth it.
While there are plenty of reasons that justify their higher price tags, it can be helpful to compare purchasing a high-end grill over a standard model to buying a luxury sports car or SUV.
- Performance: while your average car will still get you from A to B, it can’t rival the quality, performance or prestige of a high-end, luxury model. Likewise, with a premium grill, you get a performance that is nothing like lower-end models.
- Materials: high-end grills are built to last, made from superior materials with high-quality workmanship that goes far beyond anything you’ll ever find at a big box store.
- Features: not only are the luxury models better made, with premium materials, but they also provide a wider range of features that you simply don’t get with lower-priced versions. Infrared cooking is one example, as well as built-in smoker boxes, additional burners, rotisserie options, and technologically advanced, WiFi-connected grills for added convenience.
- Manufacturing: a lot of high-end grills also have the advantage of being made in the USA by artisan craftspeople, supporting local communities and providing employment. In an age where products are increasingly imported for their cheapness, not their quality, it’s important to support home-grown know-how and business wherever and whenever possible.
The best luxury grill brands
Interested to know more? Check out our list of the best luxury grill brands in the market today.
Renowned for their innovative, high-performance American-made grills, Fire Magic are one of the market leaders when it comes to luxury grills. In business for over 75 years, they use only the finest materials and provide exceptional warranties for all of their products.
Proprietary stainless steel Flavor Grids, stick-resistant Diamond Sear cooking grids and some of the highest BTU outputs around are just some of the many reasons grill lovers choose Fire Magic.
Use yours to grill, smoke, rotisserie cook, sear or charcoal grill in style. Each and every grill is constructed by highly skilled craftspeople with unsurpassed attention to detail.
Since its launch in 1996, California-based Lynx have consistently set both engineering and performance standards.
Creators of grills that are both highly functional and beautiful, their proprietary welding technique ensures seamless corners for no gaps where residues could collect (just one example of their extremely high attention to detail).
Marketed as a modern luxury brand, Lynx shot to widespread fame as the creators of the world’s first voice-activated smart grill back in 2015. The company continues to create innovative, superior quality grills alongside custom outdoor kitchen products. Dedication, craft and innovation are their founding values.
Since the 1980’s, DCS by Fisher and Paykel have a solid reputation as manufacturers of high-powered grills designed with the professional chef in mind.
Highly functional, their grills are constructed with premium materials and are hand finished for superior results and assured quality.
Combining innovative technologies with contemporary styling, DCS grills are an excellent choice for anyone serious about outdoor grilling. Based on their legacy of commercial-quality appliances, DCS also design grills for the amateur chef who wants to match their skill with an exceptional outdoor grill that excels in all areas of performance.
Memphis Grills was founded in 2009 and differentiates itself from other luxury grill manufacturers as the premium pellet grill brand.
Combining the attributes of a smoker, a wood fire and a convection oven, Memphis Grills run off natural wood pellets which the company also manufactures themselves.
Memphis Grills are famous for their highly innovative, technologically advanced grills that have large screens and WiFi temperature control connectivity, allowing their users to control their grill via an app.
They also have grills with intelligent temperature control panels to automatically set the exact temperature. Convenience and quality are the main attributes here and Memphis Grills perform exceptionally well.
Based on decades-long experience in the commercial kitchen equipment industry, Alfresco founded Alfresco Open Air Culinary Services back in the 90s.
They bring the same dedication, performance and innovation to the home outdoor cooking market and pride themselves on their high level of attention to detail, quality, fit and finish.
Based in Southern California, all of their products are made in the USA with the highest grade materials.
Canadian-based company Napoleon manufactures an almost dizzying array of grills.
With gas, charcoal and electric grills, built-in and portable ones, you’re sure to find your ideal model. In fact, the company prides itself on being able to provide a grill for every family’s size and budget.
In terms of luxury grills, Napoleon offers a Prestige and PrestigePro series, both of which are manufactured in Canada.
Crafted with high-quality materials and boasting innovative features such as infrared burners; these ranges are all about luxury, function and form, as well as good value for money.
Premium grill company Saber uses its unique patented infrared technology in each and every one of their grills.
Ensuring excellent quality materials, alongside performance and innovation; Saber is also proud to class itself as the affordable choice in the high-end grill market.
Saber’s infrared cooking system is renowned for locking in food’s moisture, eliminating flare-ups and reducing gas consumption, for better tasting meals that are easier and faster to cook. Made from 304 commercial-grade stainless steel, Saber’s burners, emitters and grates are both maintenance-free and highly-durable, for grills that last.
The grills that missed out
For the purposes of this article, we left out many amazing grills around the $1500-$2000 mark, in favor of highlighting the most high-end models (as well as some of the more ludicrous options).
If you’re looking for a mid to high-end grill, you’ll find some excellent models in the top of the line ranges from Weber, Big Green Egg, Kamado Joe and Yoder. All of which are certainly considered premium, high-performance grills.
Wrapping it up
So, there you have it! Our top picks of the best high-end grills money can buy (or in the case of the BeefEater grill, not buy).
There’s certainly no doubt about the level of quality on offer here. If you have the money to spend, any one of these premium grills (except perhaps the gold-plated one!) will be an incredible investment that will level up your grilling game to dizzying heights.
If you’re still on the fence about which to choose, we recommend our top pick – the Fire Magic Echelon Diamond E790s.
With its large cooking area, high BTU output, multiple burners, rear ceramic infrared rotisserie system and an integrated smoker; these are just some of the amazing features that make it a pleasure to use while delivering excellent results.
If for some reason the Echelon Diamond E790s just isn’t for you, then don’t forget to check out our two excellent runners up. The powerful Napoleon Prestige Pro 825 and the Lynx Sedona 36-Inch Propane Gas Grill.
Both are prime examples of outstanding high-end grills that have been manufactured to last, as well as making outdoor cooking a pleasure.