Brisket Grilled Cheese
If you’re not sure what to do with all that leftover brisket you smoked the day before, I have the perfect recipe for you! How about some brisket grilled cheese?
We are talking about warm brisket and melty cheese on toasted bread. Do I need to say more?
In this recipe, I will show you how easy it is to make a brisket grilled cheese. The best part is you are done in under 15 minutes and can feed all your friends with this simple but delicious dish.
How to make the best brisket grilled cheese
I made the grilled cheese on my Pit Boss Sierra griddle but if you don’t have one you can also make it on your stovetop with any kind of nonstick pan.
Since we are using leftover brisket it’s best to heat it up separately and then add it to the sandwich. If you try to put it into the sandwich first and the brisket is cold, it will take a long time for everything to warm up and chances are the bread will burn in the process.
Roughly chop your brisket into small bite-size pieces and place them on your griddle. They will quickly warm up and the edges will get a little crispy which is so nice.
In the meantime butter some sourdough bread on one side and lay them down to get toasted. While the one side of the bread is getting toasted I like to butter the other side.
After a few minutes, your brisket should be nicely warmed through. Take your shredded cheese and pile it right on top of the brisket and mix it up a little so the cheese melts and gets nice and gooey.
Flip one piece of bread so the other side toasts and place your cheesy brisket right on top, then sprinkle on a little more cheese. Next place the top piece of bread on and flip the grilled cheese making sure both outside pieces of bread are toasted and everything is melted together into one sandwich.
If your griddle has a lid on it you can close it for a minute to let the cheese finish melting or you can also take a little bit of water and squirt it around the sandwich and place a metal bowl over it so the steam melts the cheese.
More ideas for bbq leftovers
- Leftover brisket bolognese
- Leftover barbecue pulled pork tacos
- BBQ sundaes with leftover pulled pork
- Smoked pulled pork nachos
Brisket Grilled Cheese Recipe
Brisket Grilled Cheese
- ½ cup leftover brisket chopped
- 2 slices bread I used sourdough
- ½ cup cheese shredded, I used chedder and colby
- 2 tbsp butter
- Chop your brisket into bite size pieces and place on a griddle to warm.
- Butter 2 pieces of sourdough bread and place on the griddle to toast. While the one side is being toasted, butter the other side.
- When the brisket warms up place your shredded cheese on top and let everything melt together
- Flip the bread to let the other side toast and then place the cheesy brisket onto one piece and then add a little more cheese before placing the top piece of bread on.
- If the bread needs to toast longer on the outside, flip the grilled cheese once or twice.