If you’re looking for a tasty snack that you can whip up quickly, these pepperoni pizza rolls are the perfect recipe. You can put them in your pizza oven, and they only take 25 minutes to bake.
I love cooking these in the Ninja Woodfire Outdoor Grill because it has everything I love about a pizza oven but with the ability to bake at a lower temperature.
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Ingredients you’ll need
- Pizza crust – store-bought or homemade.
- Pepperoni – slices
- Mozzarella cheese
Equipment you’ll need
- Pizza oven
- Rolling pin
- Pastry Brush
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
1. Fire up the pizza oven
I love to cook this recipe on my Ninja Woodfire Outdoor Oven. It has the flexibility you expect from a pizza oven but also has the ability to smoke, roast, and dehydrate.
I like to cook these on the “Bake” setting at 350°F.
The oven should take about 10 minutes to preheat, giving you enough time to prep your pizza rolls.
2. Prep the rolls
I like to “cheat” and use store-bought pizza dough, but you can make it from scratch if you prefer.
Roll your pizza dough out flat and slice it into four strips about 3” wide.
Place four pepperoni slices down the length of the dough strip.
Sprinkle the cheese evenly over each strip.
Starting at one of the short ends, roll the dough up. It should resemble a cinnamon roll.
Finish them off by brushing with egg wash and they’re ready to hit the oven.
Place your pizza rolls directly on the pizza stone.
They should take about 25 minutes to cook, but you’ll know they’re done when the outside of the crust is golden brown and the cheese is nice and melty inside.
The finishing touch is to brush them with a bit of garlic butter and they’re ready to enjoy. I like to serve them alongside marinara for dipping as well.
More Ninja Woodfire Oven inspiration
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls in the Pizza Oven
- 1 can pizza crust
- 16 slices pepperoni
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 egg plus 1 tsp water for egg wash
- ¼ cup salted butter melted
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp parsley finely chopped
- Preheat your Ninja Woodfire Outdoor Oven to 350°F on the bake setting.
- Roll the pizza crust out and cut into four strips about 3" wide.
- Place 4 slices of pepperoni down the middle of each strip of dough.
- Sprinkle each strip of dough evenly with shredded cheese.
- Starting from a short end, roll the dough up to resemble a cinnamon roll.
- Brush each roll with the egg wash.
- Place the rolls directly on the pizza stone. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the garlic butter.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined.